Stagnant, stale air in your home is not just uncomfortable, but it can make it difficult to rest and relax due to bad odors and poor air quality. Fortunately, your home does not have to stay this way. With this expert guidance from our heating, ventilation and air conditioning service technicians at Accurate Comfort Services Inc., you can improve the airflow of your home and enjoy a more comfortable and inviting indoor environment.
Devices That Improve Indoor Air Flow
Your home might already be outfitted with devices designed to improve indoor air flow. Some of these devices include:
- Ceiling fans. These ceiling-mounted fans come in a wide variety of colors, styles and configurations. You can use them in the summer as well as in the winter. During the summer, the action of the blades helps you feel cooler by pushing away the warm air envelope that surrounds your body. In the winter, reversing the direction of the blades’ movement helps evenly warm the room. Ceiling fans use little in the way of energy, which makes them a cost-effective way to improve airflow without spending more on monthly utility costs.
- Ventilators. Ventilators are built into the home’s heating and cooling system. You can also use them on your own to circulate air within the home without heating or cooling that air. The air passes through a filter that removes impurities before the air is cycled into the living spaces of the house.
- Exhaust fans. From whole house or attic fans to bathroom and range hood fans, these devices help ventilate the home, dissipate excess moisture and reduce odors related to cooking and cleaning.
Things You Can Do To Improve Air Flow
In addition to using what’s already in your home or installing ceiling fans and ventilators, you can do some maintenance around the home to keep the air flowing. Some action steps that you can take include:
- Cleaning the air registers. Dust buildup on the air registers impedes airflow. Remove the covers and vacuum around the opening. Use a moist cloth to clean the covers.
- AC maintenance. You can do things like replacing dirty air filters with clean ones at least every 3 months or more frequently as needed.
Professional Services to Improve Air Flow in Your Home
Professional AC maintenance will improve the airflow in your home this summer. From cleaning the condenser and evaporator coils to air filter replacement and cleaning of the condensate line, routine preventive maintenance ensures that the air conditioner is working at its best ability to send fresh cool air through your house.