Whether you live in Marco Island, FL, or you are just visiting, you are certain to notice the high heat and humidity. In some cases, it could even threaten your health. Older adults and children are especially vulnerable to heat-related illnesses because their bodies are slower to release heat than younger adults and teenagers. If you must be outdoors during the most humid times of the day, remember the following tips:
- Dress in clothing that is lightweight, loose-fitting and light in color.
- Protect yourself from the sun with a hat or umbrella.
- Try to stay indoors between noon and 4:00 p.m. when the sun is at its hottest.
- Carry a water bottle wherever you go and make sure that you stay hydrated.
- Take frequent baths or showers or go for a swim.
- Refrain from vigorous outdoor activities until it is cooler outside.
- Seek air conditioning whenever possible.
Accurate Air Conditioning Helps Keep You Comfortable All Year Long
Our company has served the heating and cooling needs of Marco Island, FL, and the surrounding communities since 1975. Whether you need a new air conditioning system installed or a dehumidifier to purify your air, we can help. You may schedule an appointment or request a free estimate from the front page of our website. We are available during standard office hours for non-urgent concerns as well as 24 hours a day for emergencies. At Accurate Air Conditioning, your comfort is always our primary concern.
What to Know if You Are Considering a New Air Conditioning System
Your home is a place to retreat from the relentless heat and humidity of Florida’s tropical climate. When your air conditioner isn’t working right, you have nowhere to go to get comfortable. Many customers have trouble deciding if they need to replace an ineffective air conditioner or have it repaired. Our service technicians are happy to provide the information you need to make this decision. Some of the things you want to consider include the following:
- What is the age and SEER of your current unit? SEER refers to Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and higher numbers indicate greater cooling capacity and efficient operation.
- Does your air conditioning system make strange noises or emit foul odors when you first turn it on?
- Do you notice that some areas of your home are cooler than others?
- How much do you spend on utility bills every year?
- Are you paying for frequent repairs just to keep your air conditioner running?
If you decide to make an upgrade, keep in mind that our company is a Carrier factory authorized dealer and has several attractive options available to you. This includes new Carrier models with a SEER as high as 21.