One of the largest risks to our health is from a source that is not often considered: poor indoor air quality (IAQ). However, pollutants and allergens circulating through your home’s air can cause a number of serious medical issues. As you explore the IAQ services and products available in Florida, you will undoubtedly run across several keywords that are important to understand.
Indoor Air Quality Pollutants
- Pollutants – Air pollutants are impurities that may include particulates and gases. Examples of particulates are dust, ash and pollen while common gaseous pollutants are smoke, vehicle exhaust and fumes from cleaning products.
- Allergens – Allergens are air pollutants, such as mold spores, pet dander and dust mites, that may cause allergic reactions on contact or when inhaled.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) – VOCs are toxic fumes given off by many plastics, paints, other refined chemicals and manufactured materials.
Healthy Indoor Air Products
- Air Purifier – Air cleaners are machines or passive devices that pull impurities out of the air as it circulates through your home. Common types of air cleaners, also known as air purifiers, include air filters, ionizers, ozone generators and absorbents.
- Air Filter – Air filters are commonly used to clean air and improve IAQ. HEPA filters can catch small airborne allergens and germs while activated carbon filters are effective at absorbing odors, chemicals and smoke.
- Ventilator – Ventilators are devices that help pull fresh air into your home and push stale air out.
- UV Purifier – Specially made ultraviolet lamps are able to kill bacteria, viruses and many types of allergens.
Qualified Contractors in Naples, FL
When it comes to indoor air quality services in Naples and Marco Island, one of the leading contractors is Accurate Comfort Services. For further information on indoor air quality and air cleaners, visit our Accurate Comfort Services indoor air quality services page or call (844) 389-9600.