Having a hard time getting your furnace to shut off? You don’t have to be a technical genius to assess your furnace’s condition. Before you call a professional HVAC technician to your Naples or Marco Island, Florida home, try these quick troubleshooting tips.
- Take a look at your thermostat. Ensure that it is set to cool or off. Disable any automatic functions, if possible. If your furnace doesn’t respond quickly, you will need to investigate other possible causes.
- Furnaces use high-powered blowers to push warm air around your home. The motors for these components can get stuck and affect furnace performance. Turn your thermostat fan to the automatic setting. If that doesn’t resolve your issue shortly, your motor is not the problem.
- Compare outdoor conditions to indoor temperature. In extremely cold weather, your furnace needs to run longer to battle the incoming frigid air. Check all your doors and windows for drafts. Use towels as temporary insulation during especially chilly conditions.
- Turn the thermostat down to its lowest setting. If the heat still doesn’t go off, you may have a faulty piece of equipment. It is possible to change your own thermostat. However, it’s safer and more convenient for most homeowners to use the services of a heating and cooling service company.
- Check your filters. Clogged filters can block airflow, forcing your heating unit to work harder to reach or maintain target temperatures. Replacing or washing your filters may solve your problem without the need for further intervention.
- Move around the home and compare the temperature in each room. If some rooms seem warmer than others, there may be problems with your ductwork. Your local HVAC service shop can quickly change out damaged ducts and seals and restore proper furnace function.
- Change the batteries and check the connections between the thermostat and its power source. Reset WiFi-connected units and smart devices. Follow the directions in your owner’s manual or request an online copy from the manufacturer’s website.
Exceptional Heating Services in Naples, FL
If these steps don’t help you kick your furnace back into high gear, call the HVAC experts at Accurate Comfort Services Inc. We can help you get relief from your plumbing and heating problems in the Naples and Marco Island, Florida area at any time of day or night.